Even if an unknown piece of malware manages to get onto your PC, Kaspersky’s unique System Watcher will detect dangerous behaviour and allow you to undo or rollback most malicious actions.
Better anti-phishing protection Improved!
A new anti-phishing engine improves your defences against Internet fraudsters’ attempts to gain access to your personal information.
Automatic Exploit Prevention New!
Even if your PC and the applications running on it haven’t been updated with the latest fixes, Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 can prevent exploitation of vulnerabilities by:
- controlling the launch of executable files from applications with vulnerabilities
- analysing the behaviour of executable files for any similarities with malicious programs
- restricting the actions allowed by applications with vulnerabilities
Minimal impact on PC performance for a range of usage scenarios Improved!
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 is optimised so that it does not have a significant impact on network activity, the installation of programs, the launch of web browsers or the launch of programs. In addition, a special Gamer Mode ensures an uninterrupted game experience – while still keeping you secure.
Optimised antivirus databases Improved!
With antivirus information provided from the cloud, we’ve significantly reduced the size of the antivirus databases stored on your PC – which helps to improve performance and reduce the time taken for installation and updates.
Reduced Battery Drain New!
When it’s installed on a laptop that is running on battery power, Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 automatically reduces its usage of resources – to help increase the time the laptop can run before needing to be recharged.
Easy-to-use interface Improved!
The main interface window is optimised to help boost performance and ease of use for many popular user scenarios – including launching scans and fixing problems.
Virtual Keyboard allows you to use mouse-clicks to enter your banking information online – so your personal information can’t be tracked or stolen by keyloggers, hackers or identity thieves.
Compatible with Windows 8… and delivers additional security New!
In addition to being fully compatible with Windows 8, Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 includes features that provide even greater protection:
- Kaspersky Now is a new application that has been developed to integrate with Microsoft’s new user interface – to display your PC’s protection status and enable the rapid launch of vital security features
- For other applications that are compatible with Microsoft’s new user interface, Kaspersky technologies scan the applications for viruses – and infected applications are removed and then replaced with clean applications
- Integration with Early-Launch Anti-Malware (ELAM) technology – to provide protection even before your PC boots up
- Integration with Windows Security Centre’s newly enhanced functionality